Monday, January 24, 2011

How does my neck look? 1/24/11

My follow up ultrasound appt is in a few days. Trying not to think too much about it, but want to be ready for whatever the results are. Nothing can top my first ENT consult last March, well, nothing ThyCa related, that is. A completely different health/medical situation could equally freak me out, but I'll worry about that if/when I get to that bridge.

Unfortunately, I'll miss my ThyCa support group meeting next week - I'll be up at the Monterey Park office, working on project planning for the year. My boss said I could miss the first day of our meetings, so I could attend my support group meeting, but I really don't want to miss anything that is covered, since my work direction will be greatly influenced by whatever is decided upon. I can work right now - no treatments to worry about, etc., so I think I should get as much done as possible. I did mention to my boss that I could have....."an issue" if my ENDO calls with my ultrasound results. I think the issue would not be what the results are, but more of the fact that I won't have other ThyCans to talk to about it, esp if it is not favorable news. I'm sure my boss would not mind me talking to her about it, but I really don't want to be bothered with any news from my ENDO, good or bad, when I am traveling for work. I think if they don't tell me anything (they told me they found something at my ultrasound last month) at my appt, then I need to email my ENDO with specific instructions as to when I want to be notified of the results, whether or not the news is good or bad. If he can't call me on Monday, please don't call me until Thursday. I really don't want to wait that long, so I hope they tell me their findings, good or bad, at my appt.

Anyway, how does my neck look?

No comments:

Post a Comment