Saturday, January 1, 2011

How does my neck look? 1/1/11

Happy New Year, 2011!!! So glad you are finally here!

I can gladly put 2010 and the start of my ThyCa journey behind me now that 2011 has begun. Would I have done anything differently? No. I think my only alternative was to say 'No' to surgery and have my ENDO watch my unknown to me at the time Hurthle cell neoplasm, to see if would grow or not. ThyCa normally grows slow, and my HCC was encapsulated, so that may have been the only two things I had going for me had I decided not to have the surgery in the first place. But, my HCC was also very well differentiated and hypervascular (meaning blood was going through it like it was a normal thyroid, not one that was having problems). The three PTC foci on my right lobe did not have any vascular invasion, but were well differentiated, and were considered to be multiple small tumors. I still read my FNA and surgery reports in awe because I can't believe this happened to me, and I know I made the right decision to have the surgeries. I hope I continue to make the right decisions this year, if there are decisions for me to make regarding my ThyCa.

Anyway, below is my last neck picture for 2010 and my first neck picture for 2011.....How did and does my neck look?




No comments:

Post a Comment