Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Annual Endo appt 4/1/13

I went in for my annual check up on April Fool's day, of all days.

Last Monday, I had my blood drawn and neck ultrasound in preparation for my annual check up. I have not been very consistent in taking my afternoon T3 dose for the past two months, but especially during the month of March, so I wasn't sure how badly that would affect my TSH and FT4 levels. Then, during the ultrasound, the technician stepped out to speak with the Radiologist. When she came back, she said he wanted video of the areas. That doesn't sound good. She stopped a few times, why, I have no idea, but each time I would try and sneak a peek at the screen to see what she was looking at. Not that I could determine anything from what was on the screen, I just wanted to see what she was looking at.

In addition to not taking my afternoon T3 does consistently, since the beginning of this year, I have been feeling a tingling sensation on the right side of my neck. Not quite the same one I had 6-7 months after my surgeries, it was more spread out along the right side of my neck. AND, every now and then when resting my neck on the palm of my right hand, I'd feel a lump in my neck. This would cause me to panic a bit and thoroughly check my neck to see if I could feel any masses anywhere in my neck area. I could never find anything.

I saw my blood work results online last Wednesday. Only my TSG and FT4 were listed, but both were in range. My TSH was up to .10 from .03 He told me my levels were fine, even my Tg/TgAB is undetectable. Yay! I asked if the change in my TSH could be from not being consistent with my afternoon T3 dose. He agreed that it could. Said maybe to only take it as needed, then retracted and said to keep me at the same dose for the next year, just make sure I am more consistent about taking my afternoon dose. My ultrasound showed a similar anomaly on the left side. Based on my previous studies, the radiologist said it is most likely scar tissue; the original anomaly, on the right side of my neck, still has not changed in shape or size since it was found in December 2010. But since it was a new finding, my ENDO wants another one done in 6 months. The good news, is I don't have to see him for another year, unless something shows up on my 6 month follow up neck ultrasound.

So that was a good check-up.


So what isn't going so well is my leaky left eye. The second DCR I had last December has not changed anything. I still go through a couple of boxes of kleenex each month from dabbing at it througout the day. My Eye doc sent me to an ENT. I had that appt a couple of weeks ago. He said the tube placement is perfect, but the area around it looks inflammed. So he wants to see if things would clear up if I was given a nose spray to control the inflammation and some eye drops. If I was still dabbing my left eye even just a litle bit after four weeks, he wants me to get a CT scan of my sinuses, and then proceed to surgery. Well, three weeks later, and I am still dabbing my let eye. So I fnally set up that CT scan appt. Next Tuesday. $300+ some odd dollar copay.

Almost three years after my first thyroid surgery for thyroid cancer, and I am happy to say that my biggest worry is my leaky left eye. What a relief. It feels good to say that I am in remission. But I know in the back of my mind that thyroid cancer can still come back at any time, so I really have to stay on top of taking my meds.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm working with the Thyroid Cancer Survivor's Association on a new online program for people affected by thyroid cancer. Seems like this would be a helpful resource for you. For more information, please email me at acoan@berrypr.com.

    Thanks very much,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your Blog 💜. I  have experienced the opening and closing of the heart or spiritual heart and message center. And have been releasing many testimony that have been helpful and still were held in my heart. I have been writing and posting up over this past month and in it's help a lot of people on their health problems and have come greater expressions of love and compassion for myself and others. I found that these past testimony that I have been posting at the time of mine get more attention in these blogs on information about herbal treatment of Dr Itua. I had no idea they were still being hell of sick people around the world till the deep posting  began and they came into awareness.Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
    Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blogsite. All my love,

    ReplyDelete