Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm running with who?!?

At RunClub this evening, I got to run with a lady that runs for Nike. We were asking about her best races - she ran the Boston Marathon finishing, I think she said, in the top 18 overall for women; she's running the Las Vegas Rock n Roll marathon next weekend. She runs about a 6:30 pace, so by the time I finish a mile, the has already finished two miles. She's hoping to make the Olympic marathon trials next year - she said she has to bring her pace down to 6:24 or 6:23 per mile. Wow. As much as it was intimidating having to run with her (or rather, behind her), it was also inspiring to hear how she trains, what she eats (the night before, the morning of a race), and how she got to where she is. 

In other news, we got a VitaMix machine today! I tried to make tortilla soup in it. It wasn't quite as good as what the demonstration lady made, but it was still pretty good. We can even make ice cream in it! I'm really excited about it, and hope we get a lot of good use out of it. It'll come in really handy for me next spring when I'm on the LID (low-iodine diet) before my 1-yr whole body scan. I can make my own almond milk, which will be good since I won't be able to have any dairy products while I'm on the LID.

No comments:

Post a Comment